Friday 9 May 2014

Is it correct to use animals for science?

Bilions and bilions of animals are used every year for the purposes of scientific experimentation.To my mind its the right to use some animals like rats because that way science advances with medicines and a lot of stuff that helps us.But there are other animals like gorillas and other apes that are used in different experiments and in my opinion that is very wrong.Because they are closely related to us and I feel like that is like killing a human being.

Many people say,just like Peter Singer the philosopher,that animals non human but that are aware of themselves,rational and that know the differents between the past,the present and the future,the basic abilities that a person has,can make them be called a person.

To sum up I am not totally against the use of animals in scientific purposes,but I would select very carefully the animals to be used as objects

.

No comments:

Post a Comment